At Amazon you store and organize your data in containers called Buckets. Bucket Explorer is graphical user interface (GUI) to manage those Buckets in an efficient and user friendly way.
Amazon provides only development kit for the storage, which can be utilized by computer programming. With the help of Bucket Explorer, Simple Storage Service (S3) can be used without writing a single line of code. You can use it as a simple FTP like client tool for S3, or a S3 backup tool.
- Flexible team work with shared buckets and restricted permission.
- Command line scheduling of upload, download, and copy operations.
- Versioning and trash bin to avoid loss of data due to accidental delete.
- Access shared Bucket while registered with AWS only.
- Copy/ Move files and folders within same S3 account or to different account.
- Synchronize local and Amazon S3 data using comparer.
- Track account activities with bucket logging and SimpleDB audit report.
- Browse buckets and the files stored at Amazon S3.
- Fast upload and download files, to and from Amazon S3 buckets.
- Create public URLs and signed URLs to share the files.
- Upload files in HTML format for Web hosting (even when the extension is not .html or .htm).
- Set Access Control on Buckets and Files.
- Proxy support for NTLM authentication.